There have been many individuals since the term 'Library' was used in Brooke County- from as early as the late 1890's- that have supported and paved the path for what our libraries have become today. A woman by the name of Ethel Charnock was a leading force that set the foundation for when Pearl Baker took over.
For our official records, the libraries had not been incorporated until 1955 and the official location of the Brooke County Public Library was later established at present location 945 Main Street. We begin our official list of prior directors upon the opening of the current Main Location as of 1972.
1972 - 3/31/1979 (started in 1956)
William "Bill" Albert Muller, III
1/1983 - 6/1984
(photo courtesy of Hall Wynne)
Mary Kay (Hartmann) Wallace
8/1/1997 - 8/1/2014
7/19/1979 - 7/8/1982
9/1/1984 - 12/31/1994 June 1997 - July 1997
Alexandra L. (Eberle) Schneider
8/4/2014 - present
Betty Gay Meyers
Acting Director between Leslie and Muller and again between Muller and Antigo
1/1/1995 - 5/31/1997