Apr. A Book & A Recipe
Book lovers get hungry! So, we're sharing another fun dinner and a book idea this April. We're making Cajun Style Scrambled Egg Po'boys from the James Patterson's The Chef, co-authored by Max Dilallo.
Let's get started...
1 tbsp rendered duck fat
1 small yellow onion, diced
2 extra large eggs
1 tbsp heavy cream
¼ tsp kosher salt
1 tsp Cajun seasoning
1 small baguette, preferably Leidenheimer
1 tsp butter
2 scallions, white and green parts thinly sliced
1. Melt duck fat in a medium frying pan set on medium. When fat is shimmering, add diced onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is clear, about 5 minutes.
2. While onion cooks, crack both eggs into a small bowl and whisk. Add cream, salt, and Cajun seasoning blend, and whisk to combine.
3. Add the egg mix to the pan with onions and lower heat.
4. Using a spatula or wooden spoon, gently stir and fold eggs until large curds form and the eggs are scrambled, no longer runny. Remove from heat.
5. Split the baguette length wise and melt the butter in another pan. Once butter is melted, place baguette facedown in pan, making sure to absorb the butter and toast to golden brown. About 3 mins.
6 Slide toasted baguette onto plate, fill with eggs and sliced scallions, cut into halves, and enjoy!
Intrigued by the book? Check out one of our ebook copies from WV Reads!
The Chef - West Virginia Reads - OverDrive
Did you try this recipe? Love or hate the book? Let us know on one of our social media pages or in person! We love to hear from our readers.
As always, images and info are courtesy of other web pages, such as WV Reads, Google, author web pages, etc.