Happy Thanksgiving! - A little early.
We at Brooke County Libraries are very excited to share this wonderful recipe with you just in time for holiday, hopefully. This November we are sharing the recipe for Peach-Raspberry Pie straight from Pie Hard by Kristen Weiss. It's a quirk cozy mystery from the Pie Town series.
Let's get started, shall we?
2 pre-made piecrusts at room temp.
3 pounds firm-ripe peaches (about 6 large) cut into 1 inch slices.
2 tsp lemon juice, or to taste.
2 1/2 T cornstarch, divided.
9 T sugar, divided.
1/2 tsp ground ginger.
Pinch of salt.
8 oz raspberries (approx 2 cups).
1. Preheat oven to 425 F.
2. In mixing bowl, toss in cut peaches, lemon juice, and 1/4 cup of sugar.
3. Let rest for 30 minutes. Then, pour off any excess juice, reserving 1/2 cup.
4. Return the reserve juice to the bowl.
5. Add ginger, salt, and 2 T cornstarch, and toss.
6. In a separate bowl, toss the raspberries with 1 T sugar and remaining 1/2 T of cornstarch.
7. Line the pie tin with one crust and poke it with a fork 4 or 5 times.
8. Pour half the peach mixture into the crust and layer on top of it half the raspberry mixture.
9. Add the remainder of the peaches and then what's left of the raspberries.
10. Cut the second crust into strips and weave it over the pie in a lattice top.
11. Trim the edges so that 1/2 inch hangs over the pie tin and crimp.
12. Place pie into freezer for 20 minutes.
13. Remove pie from freeze and dust crust with a bit of sanding sugar. Put the pie on a cookie sheet and bake approx. 30 minutes, until the crust is slightly brown.
14. Reduce the temp to 350 Fand bake another 45-60 minutes until the crust is deep, golden brown.
15. Cool before slicing.
What a fun, unique pie to bring for Thanksgiving! Forget the classic apple and pumpkin, mix it up with a new dessert maybe.
Let us know how it goes too. We love to hear from our readers in the comments or on any of our social media pages.
Don't forget - check in next month for a Christmas recipe!
Intrigued by the story? Check out our ebook copy on WV Reads!
Images and info are courtesy of WV Reads, Google, etc.