Welcome back, readers! Who's hungry? We always are, especially after a great book.
This month we're making Creamy Mac & Cheese from Krista Davis' Domestic Diva mystery The Diva Spices It Up. The beloved cozy mystery series has many ebook titles available, but more on that later.
We're starving so let's get started!
Ingredients and supplies:
8 x 8 baking pan, whisk, spoon, large stove top pot(s).
8 oz dried macaroni
4 tbsp butter
4 tbsp flour
2 cups milk
1 tsp paprika
1 tbsp yellow mustard
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
4 oz sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
4 oz colby cheese, shredded
4 oz cream cheese
1/2 cup panko
1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan reggiano
1. Preheat Oven to 400F.
2. Cook the macaroni and drain, set aside.
3. Melt butter in a large pot over medium low heat.
4. Whisk flour into the butter.
5. Stir until the mix smells a little nutty.
6. Stir in milk, paprika, mustard, garlic, powder, and salt. Whisk well to combine.
7. When milk mixture is hot but not boiling, add shredded and cream cheese. Stir to melt.
8. Pour macaroni and cheese blend into pan and sprinkle parmesan cheese and panko over the top.
8. Bake 20 to 30 minutes, until the top is golden and sides are bubbly.
Intrigued by the book? We have a copy available from WV Reads!
Do you love this series? Maybe this recipe worked perfectly for you? Let us know! We'd love to hear from your on one of our social media pages or even in person. Especially if you have a sample.
As always, images and info are courtesy of other web pages such as Google, WV Reads, Goodreads, etc.